1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I blame soccer (morning joe edition)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fred siegle, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Wtf morning joe? Scarborough and Mika, with a guest, spent 5 minutes on the fact that Liverpool FC won something recently.
    They must have thought it was hilarious because they were giggling all through it. One of the most desturbing things I’ve ever seen, considering everything going on. (I kept on watching with the “train wreck” Attitude.)
    I checked on the google and couldn’t find a clip but there are other times he’s talked about Liverpool on the show. I’m sure this one will show up eventually.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Roger Bennett of Men in Blazers is occasionally a Morning Joe guest who is on to discuss soccer. MiB is an NBC property (which has the rights to the EPL) and I happen to find Bennett very funny. Liverpool winning the league title for the first time in 30 years is a big sports story (it was a lead story on Sportscenter) and Bennett is from Liverpool (although a supporter of their rivals Everton).

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. Fred siegle

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You expect Joe and Mika to dress like the grim reaper and play funeral hymns all morning long?

5. Fred siegle

They are terrible. When he goes off on one of his five minute spiels, it’s really bad, especially since the guests are waiting and don’t know if there’s eventually going to be a question for them to to talk about. But guist is good, and they usually have good guests.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Moron Joe and Meeka can both fuck right off.

Fred siegle likes this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

These two dined with the Trumps. Laughed at every bad joke. Knowingly comforted his ignorance.

But I suppose if I were falsely accused of murder I'd do some shouting over it too.

Babtist Joe, a Billy Graham worshipper, has been married as many times as Trump has.

Fred siegle likes this.
  8. UnaTdi

UnaTdi New Member

You know, I actually like soccer really much, but some fan bases are really terrible, just like Liverpool's fans, they are really toxic, just like the Barcelona and Manchester United fans.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Joe and Mika are equally insufferable

Draft saved Draft deleted