1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Would’ve had four if Wings didn’t blow a 2-0 lead in 09 Final

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Maximum of four male players, two female players and either two builders or one builder and one referee or linesman, per the story on Wilson's induction. Must have 75 percent of the vote to get in.

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

The stats don't lie, but I can remember the jokes about Marian H being a big ole cup whore. That might be -in part- why some fans are saying, "Whut?"

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Most or the Hossa reaction I’m hearing is more surprise that he got in first ballot. People in Ottawa/Winnipeg/Calgary see Alfredsson/Tkachuk/Fleury as equally worthy.

I think that because we don’t see how close some candidates come, it’s a hard to make sense of the process.

Since they can only elect four, is that the maximum votes each selector has?

The committee very much wants to put up a united front. They don’t wants fans knowing someone came one vote short.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Amazon has purchased the naming rights for Seattle's KeyArena. It will be known as Climate Pledge Arena.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Hossa’s numbers are obviously excellent and he was a big part of those Hawks Cups. I will temper my first comment but I’m still shocked he got in right off the hop considering who’s still waiting.

7. Jake from State Farm

Red Wings will draft fourth — of course

8. Jake from State Farm

If Pittsburgh, Toronto or Chicago get the No. 1 pick after making the playoffs ... AARGH!!!

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was typing something similar. A top team can get upset in the qualifying round and end up with the No. 1 pick. WTF?

10. Jake from State Farm

It’s a 24-team playoff this year
    Eight teams had no business being in the lottery
    One will get the No. 1 pick

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It’s a play in, not a playoff.

12. Jake from State Farm

They are playing
    It’s a playoff
    Detroit, Ottawa, etc got screwed
    Last four years, Detroit has fallen from 7 to 9, 5 to 6, 4 to 6 and 1 to 4
    Meanwhile, Edmonton is in the playoffs and has a chance to draft Alexis LaFrieniere
    Fuck Gary Bettman

AEB0AEDB-D950-4F63-9B69-FAC2A20730A7.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    matt_garth likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted