1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB season delayed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

You mean Cool Papa?

2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Apologies, do not get the reference to the former Negro Leaguer.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So the seats are going to be disguised as fans?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the cutouts, like in the KBO.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

What would really be a joke is if the final standings looked like weirdo ca. 1878 standings, where some teams have played more games than others.

Because it just feels like some of these games are not going to go off, and for reasons that've nothing to do with weather.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Back when Ted Williams’ son was fighting to keep his father frozen, some writer (forget who) came up with the nickname Cool Papa for Ted.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

An indie league team in Arizona held a "Ted Williams Night" shortly after his remains were frozen in the Phoenix area. Fans got a free popsicle.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Why can’t MLB front-office employees work from home? This is ridiculous policy by the Rangers, who may be migrating back to the top of my least-favorite franchises list.

Also, the Rangers’ new ballpark looks like a damn airplane hangar. I fully expect V-22 Ospreys to zoom out of that roof opening.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And their old stadium really wasn't that old and had already been renovated once, IIRC. Fuck the Rangers.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Good for The Athletic for taking the locals to task.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I read a tweet saying it looked like the world's biggest tool shed, which I think is accurate.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

ESPN home page has headline: Sources: Nationals to host Yanks on Opening Day. Who fuckin' cares! Nobody can go to the games. If the headline was Nationals to host Yanks in New Zealand it'd mean just as much. This is so pathetic. So much better to have just folded the tents.

ChrisLong likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted