1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Someone needs to be punched hard in the goolies.

Batman likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Considering the nature of the virus, though, the only real way to catch every single case is to test 330 million Americans every single day, right?

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

But that would require us to speed up testing. I thought more testing meant more people will catch covid ...

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The 23M estimate represents 7% of the population. To achieve herd immunity, that number needs to be 65% to 70%. We’re still in the bottom of the first inning and the pace of this game is about to speed up dizzily quick.

SFIND likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Stopped at Target today for something and I didn't see one person without a mask. Proud of my city. Richmond is handling this really well. We still have some work to do in the suburbs, but the city is great.

10. Spartan Squad

Agreed. But glass half full, we're closer at 23 than at 2.3. Glass not half full, that's like saying we are closer to emptying the pool because we scooped a bucket of water out.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

New York entered Phase 2 on June 22. Big step but most seem to be handling it in a responsible way. Outdoor dining but social distance. Masks. Following guidelines.

It’s gone well so far. So well that we’re on pace for Phase 3 on July 6.

It’s not “normal” and won’t be for awhile. But it’s also not that hard to get back to having some function and some fun.

This country just failed to learn from how Europe did it. And the rest of this country refused to learn how NY/NJ/CT/MA and others handled it.

Breathtakingly stupid to ignore science.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted