1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

That's a fucking noose.

Why the fuck didn't they release that earlier? NASCAR is tripping over itself once again, and in the process it is absolutely isolating and abandoning Bubba Wallace no matter what lame platitudes it offers.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Only a casual NASCAR watcher, but I keep thinking this is the sport that likes to throw "competition cautions" and routinely finds "debris on the track" with 10 laps to go. Is a coverup that surprising?

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I am breathless seeing that.

What do you guys think happened?

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I'm Googling shit about knots and hangman knots and there are knots in fishing that look like the one in the stall.

It still doesn't explain why it was the one garage in all of Nascar with that knot.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

If it’s true it’s been there since some time last year, I’m guessing someone got bored in the garage and started fiddling with the rope and fashioned a noose — thinking nothing of it at the time. The rope/noose sits on the ground looking more like spaghetti than anything else for eight or so months. And from there, it’s the ending of a Seinfeld show where everything leads up to a big coincidence.

6. Jerry-atric

I do not consider this incident funny, like a television program.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yep. I could tie this one in a cave, blindfolded, at night, in my sleep.

[​IMG]

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

That really isn't much of an exaggeration. My near vision is shit. I can see a spot on the horizon like it's nothing. I can barely read a text on my iWatch without my glasses.
    I actually practice tying that knot with my eyes closed so I can do it while fishing without having a pull glasses out of my tackle bag.

9. expendable

It wasn’t my intention to imply humor, far from it, just how coincidental it could’ve been.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Here's the question: In the era of the Trumpandemic, wouldn't NASCAR have to send people into each garage area to inspect and disinfect as never before in advance of the race? If so, how did nobody notice this and point it out to the authorities before anybody else arrived? I'm not saying people saw it and happily ignored it. I'm just baffled as to how it went unreported.

11. Jerry-atric

That is a very good point.

expendable likes this.
  12. expendable

If they didn’t open the garage door, the rope is just on the ground in a mess. Probably wasn’t even seen.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted