1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Funny you mentioned that. I was just checking out his twitter feed. He gave a shoutout to Larry Woody. I miss him, too.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's not NASCAR, but this is the active racing thread. Barber's is a great place to watch a race.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There were some ropes in Oakland that caused a fever because they looked like nooses hanging in a tree. Turned out to be a workout station. Something that had been there a while and no one thought twice about it. And like that, the garage pull had two things happen: It was seen in the context of BLM and the banning of the Confederate Flag AND was seen by the team of the only Black driver. Before this, I'm sure people saw it, but either thought it was funny (because conservatives love to be unPC at the expense of people who are not them) or just didn't make the connection that this might be bad.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protectes but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

The travesty of liberalism

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I really did think NASCAR had an official sponsorship deal with the Overhead Door Co., but apparently I was wrong.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The noose.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If true (and I suppose it is) that makes things suddenly MUCH different, again.

That is simply not something a crewmember tied for any useful reason.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

No question about it. That’s a hangman’s noose no matter how you slice it.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

knot uncommon

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm confused as to why Nascar released that today. Why wasn't that released to begin with? I know it was a pending FBI investigation at the time but that's a straightforward enough picture that wouldn't have jeopardized anything IMO and would have only strengthened Nascar's stance -- "this is what racism and hate looks like and we will have zero tolerance for it in our sport" or whathaveyou.

This whole saga is just very strange.

Draft saved Draft deleted