1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Henry has a helicopter dad.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Bump

I’ve been binging and I had fallen off when I didn’t have so much free time. Not sure any of this hasn’t been said but a few thoughts.

Both head coaches are pieces of shit as proven by many of their actions but cutting Bruce without talking to him and then giving him a 4 leg bus ticket shows what an absolute dirtbag Brown is.

For all his yelling about being a man this is such a punk move.

At this point I am more hate watching.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I told my wife this morning at least we have Last Chance U to depend on in a few weeks.

"Thank God!" was the response.

This show is like my crack. Don't tell me this is the last fucking season.

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Looking for news on this, I just watched a 2-minute interview with coach Jon Beam.

No screaming. No expletives.

If it's come to this pass, maybe it is time they shut it down. :)

6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Weird to give a review after only watching 3 minutes of the new season but....

We get a montage of a number of players talking candidly and clearly about where they're there, sounding like adults way beyond their years. After everything that's gone before, that's weird.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The last five minutes comes out of no where.

This is not a shit show. It might be better.

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I've worked in Oaktown for 30 years and Laney College is right nearby. Very cool to see the story set here. Only 20 mins into Ep. 1 but very nice storylines set up. Its tough man, one dude driving from Stockton every day is no joke. Rent is sky high, even for the lowest areas.

11. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

These kids seem a whole lot easier to root for on the whole. They definitely seem a little more mature than the offerings for the first four seasons. It's nice to watch a coach that isn't a rambling asshole for a change. Just a simple thing like him seeing a kid was dealing with something heavy and taking him out of practice so he could speak to the coach's therapist wife was a nice display of humanity not often seen in this series.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think we have gone from “why the fuck do they play JC football?” to “this is why they play JC football.”

Draft saved Draft deleted