1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock out at Fox Sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Jun 1, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Never forget that Clay Travis’ kid had head lice and Clay was pissed off that he couldn’t take that kid on an airliner.

Also, never forget that Clay Travis’ kid had head lice and apparently his father didn’t bother to step up about it until he was publicly shamed for trying to take his louse-ridden kid on an airplane where the lice could spread to a hundred or so other people.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

As we used to say back in these parts, like a cheese cracker. She's an absolute smokeshow.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Agree with this.
    Florio is only slightly less unctuous than Travis.
    I've just never seen a guy troll his own readers on a reasonably big platform as Florio has.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Seriously, did any of you signing on with Whitlock actually read that piece?

LeBron is fighting for racial equality because racial strife is bad for Trump and Trump loves America and only wants to bring jobs to America but LeBron is a pawn for Nike and an Obama globalist so he wants all of our jobs to go to China.

Yeah, no, I'm not down with Whitlock on this, either.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Gotta admit I didn't read it that carefully the first time. I'm not in line with this notion that Trump's Amurrica Furst agenda is relevant here. I agree with the bottom line but not all of the logic that accompanies it.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If Mr. Whitlock wants real political , social and economic change, maybe he should stop writing - which is merely gestural after all - and start voting.

9. stix

stix Well-Known Member

Exactly right.

Whitlock appears quick to demand whatever he wants of others.

Just not from himself. He’s all bluster.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Azrael-
    Because his ego won't allow it.

THe guy has compared himself to Mike Royko- there's no fixing that.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’m all for superstar athletes calling for jobs to come back to America. Especially factory jobs like this that would benefit people of color.

Aren’t you?

Draft saved Draft deleted