1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The Tik Tok/K Pop prank was excellent.

My hope is that a large percentage of them who are old enough actually vote in November.

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I think we'll see it, much like the MSD shootings woke youth on the issue of school shootings. Think we might see a few more Blacks at the polls in November as well.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I know...I know, Betty.

I still love those little K-Pop freaks.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Think of the number of groups that Trump has said or done things to anger and offend. Mexicans. Blacks. Immigrants. LGBTQ. Puerto Rico. "Shithole countries". Excusing Nazis and racists. So many more.

If those voters are pissed enough to get out and vote he's going to get eaten alive. I don't know where Trump can gain enough new votes to win. Wild card is election tampering, which I am legitimately afraid of at this point. Trump has been willing to be blatant and shameless far too many times for me to think he wouldn't try it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Disagree. Could be they heard tickets were sold out and said, fuck this, let's watch it on TV at home.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Uh oh Jethro Goebbels not happy.

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The fragmented, inefficient and often mismanaged American voting system, split into literally thousands of different jurisdictions and operating parts, makes our elections a shitshow in terms of process (remember hanging chads?). However, it also makes our system much harder to literally rig.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

10. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Brad: would this be more to your liking?

"President Trump returned to the campaign trail Saturday night in Tulsa, spewing two hours of drivel to a throng of dozens ... "

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think it is fair to say is that Trump has identified as the candidate in favor of opening up the economy and accepting the risks of more deaths. Most of the deaths will occur in the 65+ population segment. Which will scare some elderly voters. This probably accounts for polls showing Biden leading in Florida and Arizona.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The moral of last night's story is very clear. People are not going to turn out for mass indoor events for candidates, period, until they think it's safe, which isn't likely to be by November 3. So don't have them unless you want to look foolish. Every Democrat and Republican running for any office is going to have to think of other means of campaigning.

Spartan Squad likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.