1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2020 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Same here. I was pretty loyal to the Hellman's with Olive Oil or Hellman's with Avocado Oil mayo, but Duke's is legit.

Every time I see or hear about mayonnaise of any kind, I can't help but think of a college buddy who would get drunk/high on the weekends, and sometime in the wee hours would go fix a couple of grilled cheeses, and grab the huge tub of mayo out of the fridge, and dip the sandwich in the mayo for every single bite. Each bite would have about a full teaspoon of mayo glopped on it. He's still alive some 30 years later, so I assume he dropped that habit.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Cutting back on the getting drunk/high probably helps, too.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I liked dipping french fries in mayonnaise. My wife outlawed that practice for me.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I do it from time to time. Duke’s only, of course.

Flip Wilson likes this.
  5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I wonder if coaches like Kelly, Ferentz, Gundy, etc., always acted this way but their players were afraid to speak up, for fear of the consequences, but they aren't as afraid now since they have some cover.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The allegations against Ferentz and Gundy go back years and years. (Nothing specific about Kelly at this point, so can't say there.)

This is the first time in history anyone has even pretended to care what college athletes think about things like this. They would have run into enormous problems coming forward before.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This Infection's Gonna End Real Slowly

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes I'm surprised about Kelly. His UO players seemed to like him. His NFL players, not so much, but NFL players are much less likely to like control freaks.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if we find out that Dabo held a COVID party to make sure everyone got it now so the team would be clear by September.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This
    Is
    Gonna
    End
    Real
    Soon

Or not.
    This thing is not done yet. No matter how many people pile into an arena in Tulsa.

Draft saved Draft deleted