1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

She's probably never noticed when staff refuse to help a person of color or continue to serve people who came in after a black or brown family "waited and waited and waited." I feel bad for her because I've pulled doubles and at one point got stuck on a unit for over 24 hours because people didn't feel like coming in. It sucks. It's worse when you're feeling wobbly, you need to eat, and people are being unattentive jackasses. Still, that kind of foolishness is divisive right now. She needed to get home, cool off, and decide if she really needed to post that.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I thought she thought they were all spitting in her food.

OscarMadison and Matt1735 like this.
  3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

That's exactly her thought process and she should be embarrassed. Thinking the worst of people in every situation is a big reason why we are where we are today.

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Whoosh!

Nuance. Its not just a raisiny thing to put in your oatmeal anymore.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seeing how many police officers have cut and run during this crisis is pretty embarassing. I don't know which is worse, those that quit individually or those who do it "en masse" to leverage their power. These people took an oath and the realization that they can't hack it when their communities really need them to step up, be responsive and accountable is pathetic. Almost makes me wonder if people are quitting because they realize they finally WILL be held accountable and they won't be able to get away with half the stuff they've done in the past. In any event, it's hard for me to give an unqualified "I support the police" anymore - the profession has some issues.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Really?? We're going to feel sorry for cops because they're anxious now? Okay getting ambushed is wrong. I will never condone that. But having a little apprehension? Welcome to the life of the minority. Take your tears and go somewhere else. Go bag groceries. Better yet, here's a thought, why not actively advocate for change in how law enforcement operates? Demilitarizes, reduces weaponry and starts being a part of the fabric of the community instead of hiding behind dark glasses and black SUVs with monster grills, and one last one, STOP SHOOTING UNARMED PEOPLE OF COLOR!

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Hong Kong Twitter is having a good laugh over this.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

MPD needs a new social media person.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Wonder if that was the officer who was heard laughing about the incident on police radio.

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

The MPD tweet was 3 years ago. We have enough stupidity going on without hunting for it in the past.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If you want a crazy ride though, woof, his Wikipedia page. He was seemingly rightfully fired for that whole Dahmer thing, but appealed and got his job back. (The presiding judge in that was the president of the Green Bay Packers at the time, which also seems bizarre.) A couple years after, he's elected president of the police union in Milwaukee. Between that, and the Atlanta police calling out sick en masse, makes me drift more to the "fuck these guys, fire them all and let's start over" side of the equation.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted