1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taibbi: The News Media Is Destroying Itself

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't give 2 shits about criticism directed at Taibbi. Some days he's good, some days he's like anyone else. But keeping in line with your pseudo insults, I know you're very sensitive about being called out for ridiculous thought-leader posts that move all over the map till whatever point you think you're trying to make suits your needs. Hugs, honey bunny.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I wasn't insulting you at all. You like Taibbi, and have stated as much many many times over the years. I like Jason Isbell, among others. It's not personal, although you immediately elevate it to such. If you want to continue to ignore the point I'm making — that criticism of leftist media is often valid, but also in my opinion pedantic — that's fine.

3. Songbird

I never said criticism of the leftist media isn't valid.

But at this point it's like, Who the fuck cares? Throw your ideals in the gutter with all your memories of Aunt Jemima.

All media has shit the bed. I'll call Matt and tell him to write about that too.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Ask Matt why he spent a decade in post-Soviet Russia, and what he did while he was there.

5. Songbird

Def. I'm sure there are some good coke stories.

Who can hork a bigger rail, Matt Taibbi or Dave Portnoy next #30for30

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If you want some evidence that cancel culture exists and the left-wing media is complicit in this mess, here is a much better example of it, and it has to be giving Taibbi a hard-on of regret he didn't wait a week to fire off that blog post.

The Washington Post's Halloween Costume Hit Job Is a New Low for Cancel Culture

The Post piece is among the dumber things I've ever seen published in journalism by a reputable outlet, and I think I'd resign before having my byline attached to it if assigned it.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Good heavens that's awful.

cake in the rain likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Dumb is a word. Hurtful is another. The woman was fired from her job.

cake in the rain likes this.
  9. Songbird

Stopped reading after a graph or two knowing where it would be going.

I don't watch Star Trek or ever have but this country is in the bizarro version of "where no man has gone before" phase.

The next few years will be outright frightening. Alma's "hard left turn in 10 years" is here and it's going to get ugly.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I guess we'll see. The pandemic accelerated a lot of things, ramped up anxiety tenfold. Trump was not a good president to take us through it.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That Post piece was right out of The Bonfire of the Vanities.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  12. Songbird

Be that as it may, George Floyd was the tipping point.

Draft saved Draft deleted