1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Except the NBA treats the players like partners in the business, not as an annoying business expense.

The players will figure it out with or without Kyrie. I suspect they'll all be playing.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I agree. The NBA is the most cohesive framework around. If the MLB were the same we’d have baseball on the horizon. Except the owners there are so much more entitled and dismissive, which is strange because the players are so much WHITER, go figure.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

We don't have a WNBA thread so I'll put this here and say....SI Sportsperson of the Year? (I know they probably don't want to do back-to-back women, and perhaps three in a row with Biles in 2021)

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

She’d get my non-existent vote.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

For what she's done, we need a better award than the award given by a lame, vulture, barely functional operation like the 2020 Sports Illustrated.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There's only one recipient that can properly represent what kind of year it's been in sports: The Zamboni driver in Toronto that won a game for the Hurricanes.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Why would you even admit this?!

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Being "disrespectful" to fascists is nothing for which to apologize.

heyabbott and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why are they destroying our history?

Omari Sankofa II (@omarisankofa) Tweeted:
    Here’s the implosion of The Palace of Auburn Hills. Started at 8 a.m. on the dot and ended in a matter of seconds, leaving a cloud of dust https://t.co/su0q1zrrhy

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Because the Pistons' sleazeball private equity parasite billionaire owner wanted to liquidate the real estate the Palace (totally privately financed) sat on, take a shit on the fan base which had totally gravitated to the northern end of the metropolitan region over the preceding 40 years, in order to become the poor-relation tenant at taxpayer-funded Pizza Arena, where they're drawing a spiffy 3-4,000 fans per game.

Even money the Pistons are playing in Seattle or Kansas City by 2025.

Draft saved Draft deleted