1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I tried it. It was blocked into the chemistry lab

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

There was a great story about that 1985 Final. Game 1 was the Memorial Day Massacre. On the day/days off between games, Abdul-Jabbar was working so hard in practice that Pat Riley ordered him to stop. Kareem told him to go bleep his hat. Then, he took over the series.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Those guys playing LT could switch over. What I see is the guys like KAT and Embiid have this advantage over say Adebayo but instead of just getting the ball and making the move, they hesitate for what seems like forever. Taking it and make that drop step or swing into the lane immediately and take your shot. Do SOMETHING!! Instead its pound pound, HOPING for the double. Or throw it to your big guy as they flash into the middle. It doesn't have to be an alley oop every time.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It was my honor to cover that series. He ruled. Never saw a hopeless look on Larry Bird's face like the one he wore in the second half of Game Six.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. Della9250

Also another exhibit for, why he shouldn't be in the running for an Olympic team /crossthread

poindexter likes this.
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And this is one week after Kyrie voted in favor of going to Orlando.

I can't begin to imagine how frustrating Kyrie is to deal with.

8. Della9250

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

But only if social reform includes accepting the Earth is flat.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The detail that the NBA has screwed up is:
    If you’re not on the 22 teams in Orlando you get paid for all remaining games;

if you are on those teams and DDONT want to play, YOU DONT get paid.
    Something’s off.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As Kornheiser said, Kyrie has gone from killing a team to killing a league.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It boggles my mind any player would listen to Kyrie, that he has any pull with other players. He's not sacrificing anything, his team doesn't have a shot at winning - owners should tell the players, play don't play, we don't care - games will be starting and we'll fill out the rosters if you don't want to be part of it and you'll even get a cut if you don't want to show.

Draft saved Draft deleted