1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTH is happening in Pittsburgh?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I cannot believe that reporter got in trouble for that tweet

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I can ... if only because the Block family is involved with that publication.

3. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

4. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Maybe for a moment. I love it!! Alexis Johnson is getting support from all sorts of publications and the Toledo NewsGuild demands an apology to Alexis. This is awesome. The suits who made this ridiculous decision are under big-time fire from MANY groups taking the reporter's side.
    I love it. Guess what ... another suit is gonna get fired for that ill advised ridiculous decision to take Alexis and the photographer off the beat. Bye bye Ms. Kane, you are gone. Twitter has spoken and you made one big error.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  5. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

The Blocks appear to be eager to give New Gannett and Lee a run for their money as the worst newspaper owners in the country.

matt_garth likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

The Blocks have always been off their rockers, but John Robinson's wife is a heinous creature who seems to have made it all worse.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

New Gannett and Lee are blundering corporate entities. The Blocks are crazy and rich, and as rich as they are, I’m thinking they’re probably more crazy.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This generation, yes. The old man was a good guy from what I've heard.

10. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yes, but he's been gone along time.

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

You obviously don't know the Blocks.
    They'll ride out the outrage and that'll be that.

12. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

It affects so many people on that staff who retweeted her tweet. It must be so toxic there. I was reading several reporters have been taken off the protest coverage. The woman at the center of the controversy hadn't heard from anybody since Friday at the paper. I love the fact they had a news conference today. Those owners have to at least be a tad embarrassed at the little people, the lowly reporters winning the PR battle here. I applaud the reporters who obviously dont care what their editors think.

Draft saved Draft deleted