1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's unusual circumstances for him. At the height of the virus crisis in NYC, he said they'd stay up late planning their part of just how the subway was going to run the next day, then get up early to be part of a new plan accounting for the 100 or so workers who called in sick with the virus. Worked eight days straight to create an app telling people how to get from Point A to Point B in the four hours a night the subway's closed now. That sort of thing. It's a state agency, so I expect the workload will shrink to manageable civil service proportions as the crisis eases.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Cuomo was high profile out front on the LIRR Third Track Project and ignored the subway until he couldn't anymore. Then he ran off new subway chief Andy Byford, who was getting results and support from riders and MTA employees. History has shown as goes the subway, so goes NYC. Cuomo can rot in hell.

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Just read Vanity Fair’s piece on Cuomo. Interesting dude.
    One thing I admire about him that will get harder and harder in the social media era: making a decision and sticking with it.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

And he won't have us prepared...again.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

My freshman year at college I got a job in the school dining hall early in the first semester. I did it one night. At least I stayed, it was disgusting. The next day I got a job at the school library. Of course the first thing they did was send me into the section with the oldest, dustiest books possible.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

451 new cases in Arkansas in the past 24 hours.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I hesitate to comment on Cuomo since he is after all my son's boss. But it's a long-established matter of public record that he's a very competent public executive with one major flaw, an inability to share credit with his subordinates. That's why Byford is in London now. It's too bad, because his strengths are really strong.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Does that mean the dealer's cards are face-up, too? And would that be one deck or the shoe?

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm sure they're quite ... saucy. Mrs. Quant might have a better opinion than any of us.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

How many new tests?

Colorado new cases the past seven days: 280, 190, 211, 272, 300, 255, 233.

Percentage of tests that have come back positive:

4.9, 4.8, 8, 6.8, 4.8, 5.3 4.9

Again, if testing is up, likely cases will be up. It's about the number of tests that come back positive. Colorado seven-day average is at 5.6.

Your state's mileage will vary.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The average is north of 6. It’s been lower than that, but my bourbon consumption tonight is also north of 6 soooooo ...

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted