1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

“Blinded by the Light” on HBO is about late 80s Pakistani high school student’s difficult life and his discovery and devotion to Bruce Springsteen was a good diversion amid the quarantine and riots. It was inspired by and co-written by journalist Sanfraz Manzoor.

For a variety of reasons, I’m not much of a Springsteen fan. The movie gave me a new perspective into his lyrics. The story portrays the family and racial conflicts of a teenager working to figure out who he is and how he will fit in.

There are moments when the plot treatment borders on schmaltzy sentimentality, but I think the movie is worth a look.

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Read the book - Greetings From Bury Park - a while back. A really well written, insightful look into both British identity and Bruce.

I haven't seen the movie but judging from the trailer, the film was a lot more broad.

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Rachel Weisz still has it.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Does she ever.

5. Severian

She's always had it.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I sat at the same table as her at a wedding. Gorgeous and really smart/funny

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

She'll be in the Black Widow movie with ScarJo, out in November.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Marvel’s ability to keep their product secret and off the internet is astounding.

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

She was great as the librarian in The Mummy.

10. Severian

Background please. The more details the better.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

One of my best friends from HS grew up with and is still really close with Darren Aronofsky, the director, and her then partner. I knew Darren some socially so at my friend’s wedding, we were seated at the same table. I remember her being stunning even though she wasn’t that decked out (there were a lot of people trying really hard at the wedding) and interesting to talk to. She didn’t look like someone who never ate or took 3 hours to get ready before she went to the grocery store. At a milestone birthday party for this friend 7 or 8 years later, she came up to Mrs. W and I and remembered that we sat together and chatted for a few.

OscarMadison and Alma like this.
  12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

It's really cool to see them in real life. I think makeup artists are the most talented people in the entertainment industry. It is all the more impressive when you see a celebrity in real life and they still look great.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted