1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2020 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Video of their blanket toss can be seen in The Big Lebowski.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Somebody on my Vols Deplorables board was reminiscing about the old TV player introductions and linked this video from the 1974 Ohio State-Michigan game:

Keith Jackson managed to skip over one player in the middle of the OSU introductions, making his player announcements not match up with the TV shots of the final few offensive players.

The player he skipped over? Archie Griffin.

I Should Coco and Michael_ Gee like this.
  6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The Norvell Era is off to a great start

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

If there was a situation I had limited faith would work out it was Mike Norvell at FSU. I don't think he can handle that kind of a job. He's not used to people paying attention to him.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So Norvell puts out a statement that makes easily refuted claims? How stupid do you have to be?

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I cover a second-tier bowl in our market. Bowl director told me everyone is at a standstill because no one knows what kind of season it will be. He can't sell any sponsorships, luxury boxes or premium seats and has no idea how many tickets he's going to be allowed to sell. He said March and April are the busy selling months for all of that and it's lost. Also, ESPN won't let the bowls it televises set a date yet.
    One theory he has is that the bottom 15 bowls or so will not be played this year. This might be a blessing in disguise. The Bahamas and the Quick Lane Bowls and their like may disappear forever.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this go on the "good things about COVID thread?"

Draft saved Draft deleted