1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I was more worried about losing our slot than anything.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I usually do enjoy the ballyhoo, but this is no time for trolling.

I've also been called a dick by better men than you, so I will rest easy tonight.

Everyone has their covid breaking point- I'd ask you not to make your own so public, as you usually do.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is no breaking point involved here. You picked a fight and lost. You resorted to name-calling and I threw it back in your face. I'm more amused than anything else right now.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

You cannot possibly imagine how little I care.

Off you go little one, before you get both of us banned.

I'll send along a care package of juice-boxes for the safe space. I have a Vader mask too. Big hit with the ladies. Would you like one?

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never cease to be entertained by seeing a poster demonstrating the lack of maturity one would expect from five-year-old while calling others little one. That's really what this whole thing is about. You just want an excuse to throw a tantrum. That led you engage in a childish personal attack on me, because I keep reminding you that you are simply acting like President Trump.

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

No name-calling! LOL.

(Get it? No one would like to be called “Drumpf”!)

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

There’s certainly no upper-floor windows in it.

9. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I think controlling spread of Covid through restaurants all boils down to keeping it away from the dishwashers, whose fingerprints, literally and figuratively, are all over every portion of a restaurant and have the ability to contaminate anything. Not having them wash glasses and utensils eliminates the direct spit-to-surface contamination potential.

Cosmo and Spartan Squad like this.
  10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is not my understanding. COVID 19 does not spread easily on surfaces. Restaurant spread occurs through air ventilation.

It is not my intent to be argumentative.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

I've seen reports of it living on surfaces vary anywhere from eight hours to three weeks.

This is obviously the problem with the reporting.

There will be courses someday on this epoch and nearly everything that relates to it- people will be fucking amazed at how little we knew at any given moment.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted