1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

You are speaking rationally
    Trump’s hatred for Obama is irrational

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The demonstrators in Lafayette Park scared him shitless. Trump's cowardice is equally irrational and as great or greater than his hatred.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

“Obamagate” will be used just like Benghazi, Uranium One, and Her Emails as steady diet of red meat fed to the base.

“Vote for the President and we swear we’ll start filing charges for all those Obama crimes!”

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This line obviously has one tiny flaw. What's stopping him now? Even the Trumpers might think of that.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Going after Obama won't create jobs. That used to matter in this country. But now, 42 percent of our nation is completely satisfied with their government as long as it owns the libs. Empty stomachs, empty heads, full tiki torch reservoirs.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Obamagate also died when Trump was asked specifically what Obama did that was against the law and Trump couldn’t come up with a response.

But neither fact will stop Trumpists from continuing to rant about it, even though they have nothing.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I also hope its abject failure spells the official end of -gate- which is effectively the outer rim of Trump's creativity.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

For what?.Presidenting while black?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Prefaced with, I didn't vote for him.

I knew a lot about him going back to the 80s and I knew he was one the biggest bullshit artists and charlatans who has ever lived. I didn't realize he was quite as bad a person as he actually is, even with the vile things he did with regard to the Central Park jogger case.

And that said, I really thought he couldn't be quite as terrible in office as he's been, because I thought the office itself would instill a sense of respect for the job and the responsibilities, and knowing him, I thought he had no interest in actually being president or working, so I thought he'd leave the duties to others who would guide us through four years despite him.

You used the word absurd, and if anything, I hoped the absurdity of him might make for some entertainment. I was actually really hoping. Unfortunately, I knew that wasn't going to happen within a few months of his inauguration and by the time of Charlottesville, I was really sad and thought he should have been impeached if America hadn't screwed itself up so badly.

On the "pushback," from Republicans, I didn't have any illusions, but I really thought the institutions of our country would be able to hold up better than they have in the face of him. He should have been impeached about 20 times over by now. Within the first 3, 4 months, he had shown himself to be unfit for office.

I was saying all along on here that America got what it deserves. Last time, I didn't vote for Hilary Clinton either, FWIW. And I never thought in a million years I would vote for a cartoon politician like Joe Biden. My vote isn't necessary for Biden to win my state, but I'll be voting for him anyhow. Our country will be morally better off for it, and that is worth everything right now, but in terms of where we are headed in the next several years, Joe Biden and both parties and their cronyism and corruption, are just wrong, wrong, wrong for what we need.

What I am expecting is for Biden to win by a ridiculous amount in the popular vote, by a somewhat closer margin in the electoral college, and if he comes in treating it like it was some kind of mandate, I will be annoyed to all hell. Nobody reasonable (my opinion) wants Joe Biden as president, they just can't wait to end the nightmare we're living.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    ChrisLong, swingline, MTM and 2 others like this.
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think Tom Nichols pegged this lot right when he said they're like a hive of bees, each of which has one fatal sting to deliver before themselves perishing.

They're going to use that sting before they're shown out the door. The abetting of RaceWarPalooza2020 is part of that.

Impeachable conduct just the last four days alone, total breakage of oath. Shove everything else off to the side.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So I tuned in for a bit to the NASCAR race because I love Bristol, and a commercial came on for something called "Fox Nation". And at the end they were touting some sort of discount if you were a subscriber to the "Patriot Plan". I mean, seriously? I was half-expecting an ad for Cadre Cola to come on next.

OscarMadison and Smallpotatoes like this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.