1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

If you go, please go to support the NAACP and BLM. I am presuming you're white and apologize if I am wrong. I used to be active in SURJ and would suggest you look into the SURJ org in your area if you are looking for ways to help. I will add the caveat that you need to look at their media presence and be very sure they are doing things you are comfortable with. The group here earned the side-eye from people here looking for a way to help for a handful of reasons. Mileages probably differ in different cities.

Whatever y'all decide, I wish you well and hope you'll stay safe.

He needs the shit kicked out of him.
    #YouCanTakeThePersonOutOfLubbock...

Oggiedoggie and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I have a pretty good idea of what people believe constitutes systemic racism. I sense the journey to ending it is long and ever-changing.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Do tell.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If our current president was a Democrat and all this was going on, every single supporter of President Trump would be screeching at the top of their lungs that this is proof that no Democrat should ever be president again. If Obama was still in office, they would be screaming that it was all his fault. If Clinton had won, they would have put all of this on her.

Hell, that is the game President Trump is playing right now. This all happened because a city had a Democrat as mayor and a state had a Democrat as governor and I see idiots all over social media buying that narrative. This isn't just about Minneapolis. This is about where our entire country is right now. We were at the point that there were powder kegs ready to blow all over this country and that happened on President Trump's watch. He failed. Maybe that's unfair, but the president takes the blame for the bad shit that happens while they are in office and things are truly awful right now. I still won't say we should never have another Republican in that job, but we sure as hell should vote the proven failure out in November.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Have we arrested and charged the other three yet?

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Some members of law enforcement in mn seem to have the view that the media is an enemy of the people, given actions last night.

Wonder where they got that idea?

ChrisLong likes this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on American cops targeting American journalists this week?

Not sure it's that much better or worse than it's ever been, but it's certainly more obvious.

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah. This ought to be good. Where do you live, Alma?

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

besides they could just be a kicker for the patriots

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Today's Houston Chronicle, for those scoring at home.

TowelWaver likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted