1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That odd realization that the reason Claire Huxtable was always carrying shopping bags for a period of time on the Cosby Show is now playing an AUSA on Billions. I'm freaking old.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Haven’t watched the most recent season yet, but I think that it is super well written and they do a great job casting all of the actors. Sometimes, it seems like Bosch squeezes 60 hours into a typically day with all of the moving work/personal story lines.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Good point. Finished Season 1 last night. He seems to get to Vegas and back, and Tonopah and back, rather quickly. Reminds me of the old Baywatch TV show when they're at HQ in Malibu and get a call in Long Beach. They make it there in 5 minutes by boat.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Watched the first two seasons of "Line of Duty," a British crime procedural, on Prime. I believe there are five seasons so far, and it's still going.

Good stuff. In can get dense in exposition, but the acting is excellent and I've found it compelling.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We finished the first season of Run tonight. Some bits of the episode were fun, but I was underwhelmed by where they ended.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

She was once a Sabatka. Can’t find that thread.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Line of Duty is one of my favourite Netflix discoveries. It's like Christmas when a new season drops. LOL

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anything Lennie James is in I will watch, but they have pretty much every top Brit TV actor on as the seasons go on. Jed Mercurio the creator of the show also did the "Bodyguard" series with Keeley Hawes.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. Webster

Wasn’t she the one who was with Ziggy and was sleeping with Nick when he was arrested?

10. Webster

No spoilers but that was a crap last few episodes. I seriously doubt that HBO will order a season 2 and it would have been better with an ending which didn’t leave the doors open.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. Even if there is a second season, I just didn't think that was a good place to end a season.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm in a FB group about one of the Ringer's pop culture podcasts - The Watch - and the people watching "Run" were pretty universal in the idea that the quality really trailed off, and the finale was especially poor. Of course, hearing that made me want to see it more, but not enough at this point to actually watch it. Too much legitimately good TV out there, along with "comfort watches" like my retread of classic Law & Order.

Draft saved Draft deleted