1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's awesome. Covered the run line too.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It's going to have all the excitement and enthusiasm as the Vegas Summer League.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Nicht gut.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Was watching it with my son and, seven minutes hit, he goes, "Dad, hit the under 3.5 on this". He went on to explain the pace and the formations. Good son.

We're on Doosan tonight. Over 11.

MileHigh likes this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Doosan has been in double-digit totals in 15 of its 18 games, over 11 in of those 15. But only over 11 in four of its past eight.

Game is on ESPN2 tomorrow morning.

6. exmediahack

Plus, they're playing SK, the worst team at 3-15. One bit of trouble to overcome for Doosan tonight/tomorrow is that SK doesn't score a lot of runs. However, Doosan doesn't have great pitching.

One fun part for me. I have a "free bet" that I'm using for this one. $25. So if I see it jump to 11.5 somewhere else, I'll bet it back and made money either way.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. Webster

Good for him. I was really figuring a high scoring affair because both teams are talented offensively, they just played on Saturday and Dortmund needed to press for the win.

8. playthrough

On my app for Sunday's golf you got a $20 free live bet for making a $20 pre-match bet. I ended up cashing the free bet on Tom Brady missing a fairway -- not a major moneymaker but for those first several holes just betting "no" on every Brady prop was as sure a thing as I've seen in a while.

MileHigh likes this.
  9. Webster

I used my free $20 on Tiger/Manning winning the hole that Phil/Brady eagled.

10. playthrough

Interesting that the NYT led this Vegas story with the El Cortez, of all places. One of my favorite dives back in my degenerate days when I still went to Vegas. I wouldn't want to go back under these conditions, it just doesn't sound like a vacation. But at least they'll still have chips.

A Socially Distanced Las Vegas? What Are the Odds?

11. exmediahack

I love the Cortez.
    That’s my first stop when in Nevada. I like the scuzz of the place.

12. exmediahack

Hope is alive.

4-2 Doosan in B8 but SK has a reliever who can’t throw a strike.

I did chicken out and put $10 on under 11 as I didn’t get my beloved 11.5. Guaranteed winner of $8.50 or $14.

Draft saved Draft deleted