1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

NYC Woman Who Called Cops on Black Man Returns Adopted Dog to Rescue
    NYC Woman Who Called Cops on Black Man Place on Administrative Leave

I thought this would be a good one to start with. KKKaren just does not want that dog on a leash. Well, at least she was wearing a mask.

Boys, she might be single...

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Wow. Bet she wishes she’d have leashed her dog. She’s on the verge of losing her (probably very lucrative) job, and even had to give up her dog!

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Should she be fired from her job?

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Good question.

She apologized quickly, but not very well.

Up to her employer.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Right. You're her employer. You fire her?

The company will gets lots of pressure to do so.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If I'm the employer I have to weigh her specific value to the company against the damage her continued employment does to the business.

So I can't answer, because I don't know how valuable an employee she is.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

She threw a tantrum and pretended a man was attacking her while on the phone with 911. This goes beyond a bad decision and the inconvenience that can ensue. Would you trust her to make financial decisions on your behalf?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Of course she’s getting fired.

This company is now attached to her actions. Its reputation is damaged. Its website was down for a bit yesterday. They’re probably dealing with social media posts and phone calls related to this. At the very least it’s a distraction, as they like to say in the NFL.

They could probably find 10,000 people to do her job. She’ll be out of a job by close of business today.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think we are seriously underestimating what could have happened here.

At worst he goes to jail. At best if he is charged and even found innocent, he could lose his job and career.

You cannot use “I’m white. You’re black, so they will believe me,” as a tool against someone. If I were black, shit like this lady would honestly scare more than those pillbillies in Georgia.

I’m guessing there are a shit ton more KKKarens and KKKens out there than Cleetus and his two buddies.

OscarMadison and Iron_chet like this.
  10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

An odd side issue is the blatant nameism that pervades the reaction to many of these situations.

It will be interesting to watch the rankings of names given daughters to see how quickly Karen becomes less common.

I have friends who names their daughter Cairn. For more than a couple of decades, she has quickly corrected any one who called her “Care Wren” or wrote her name as Karen.

I’m pretty sure that she’s even more ardent about it, now.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I assume they are going to sit her down and ask about it. She would have to handle that discussion very well to keep her job.

I imagine she will keep her job. People will forget about this in a week, if not sooner. As long as that happens, I doubt she will be fired. I think the public shaming, having to surrender the dog and having to face the threat of losing her job are sufficient.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A5CB91A2-FCFB-4008-BEA0-D976085FD124.png

Unlike the Coronavirus, the Karenovirus peaked long ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted