1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fight the deep state.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think this ultimately got my Bay Area county to move to phase 2 after resisting. Our surrounding counties were making the switch and given how easy it is to just go up the road, not opening would have been pointless in terms of keeping cases down.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Poor families who don't have a computer or internet, rural areas without internet connectivity get to "choose" to send their kids to a petri dish.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The updated iOS from Apple has tweaked the facial recognition software so that the screen defaults to the passcode option immediately upon realizing you're wearing a mask, instead of taking a second or two as it had been. Not the same as recognition, of course, but a step in the direction of change.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

And they will gladly do so, in many cases, because it'll be a better, safer place for their kids to be, surrounded by teachers and health plans geared almost exclusively to keeping them safe, healthy - and educated.

If rich people want to keep their kids home, let em. Less hassle for the schools.

6. Neutral Corner

Hahahahahaha. You think Alabama is going to base decisions on the safety of children? ROFLMAOPIMP

I suggest you start by reading the comments from those affected.

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I hope Coach Saban may have sent a positive message about mask wearing and other safety precautions

8. Neutral Corner

My point exactly. That's what passes for authoritative and effective health education here.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  9. Jerry-atric

I would not doubt that some Alabama “Trumpists” are upset he wore a mask.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Got an email to take a survey from a large youth basketball league that I officiate in, gauging officials and what they would like to see and measures enhanced for the return of games. They said they believe they are a year away from having five-on-five indoor games with spectators.

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How many masks do you see in that photo? How much social distancing?

12. Jerry-atric

It can be difficult to get today’s teens to take COVID 19 seriously. I know that my sister has been having a lot of difficulties with her daughter, who has not seen her friends for several months. They do occasionally “Face Time.”

Draft saved Draft deleted