1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

This entire election is going to come down to how the coronavirus was and currently handled.

If he reopens everything and the second wave pushes us to 200,000, 300,000 dead or more or if it comes back in November, Trump won’t have a chance.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Diagnosis: Transparency

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Disagree.

I've long been skeptical of Reade's story, just because Biden has been in the public eye for so long and there was a never a whiff of this. But the same time I said investigate. Well they're investigating. She's not credible, she's a liar she's changed her story multiple times. How much longer is her 15 minutes?

There are any number of racist Republican politicians, starting with Steve King who just got his committee assignments back, who have paid absolutely no price for being out and out racist. So don't tell me that Biden's fumbling opinion and asinine statement is a career-ender. Trump was taking the court for not running to black families, and he became president. Very few people hold politicians accountable for their racist ways.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I will say this: I agree with Catholic and other denominational leaders in Minnesota who question why churches must be closed but the Mall of America can be open. As I understand it, policies can’t treat religion more harshly than they treat others.

5. tapintoamerica

He’s such a bloody idiot. And his klan may be even dumber.

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

It's right there in the research about the virus. If you're just walking near someone, you cross someone's path for a brief instant, even if the virus is present your odds of catching it aren't that great. The same is true for a quick conversation with the person, as long as they don't sneeze right in your mouth, you know what I mean. However if you're sitting beside someone or in front of someone or behind someone for an extended period of time and they're shedding virus, you're way more likely to catch it. I mean honestly if the president is going to order churches open, although he doesn't have the authority, he should also order movie theaters open. But I don't think theaters have opened anywhere yet, and it's because when you're in an enclosed space with somebody for an extended period of time there's more likely to be virus transmission if it's present.

2muchcoffeeman, Inky_Wretch and MTM like this.
  7. tapintoamerica

Good point. Hadn’t fully considered that.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I went to Mass today - there is a "list" limiting attendance to 25 people (like reservations) and the pews are cordoned off to impose social distanceing and the priest wears a mask at communion - and looks like barbers and salons and gyms are reopening here as well.

Will public events be the last thing to reopen?

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"It’s perfectly clear by now that the United States does not have a functioning president or administration. It also seems clear that this does not matter to a sizable chunk of the population. They just don’t care — even when it could lead them to lose their lives and their livelihoods."

Andrew Sullivan: With Trump, the Pathology Is the Point

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do think like the Kavanaugh, and Thomas allegations - the main aim of spreading the story is to see if others come forward. On their own, you really can't do anything with it. But if they spur four or five more people to come forward (or 20 or 30 in the case of Trump) - then you got something. One of the things we've seen with MeToo is how well protected some men are to the point where their employers are paying out $1m NDAs repeatedly with no consequences. Victims think "no one will believe me" because they don't know of the others.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's Friday evening. Who gets fired tonight?

The chance Fauci gets whacked is low, but not zero.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.