1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Ragu's right (I don't think he is) then you should spend all of it as quickly as you can while it still has value to exchange for goods and services. If Ragu is wrong, you should still spend it as quickly as you can because that's the purpose of the checks, to keep the economy from seizing up altogether.

2. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

That's why Biden is different from Trump.

When's the last time Trump apologized for anything or acknowledged he should've been more tactful?

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Can we just throw Dr. Scarfwitch into the enormous bonfire planned for Nov. 4?

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Rephrased here:

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The whole representation was strange. Doug Wigdor, who is an excellent lawyer, also loves the cameras and is really good in using the press to his advantage in high profile cases. The fact that he was so low key here signaled to me that he wasn’t willing to stick his reputation out for her.

6. Neutral Corner

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Excellent point.

I would say an overwhelming majority of voters don't really think about the election at all until after Labor Day. Maybe a once-every-100-years health crisis will change that, but I doubt it.

8. Neutral Corner

That's normally true, but I can't help thinking that this year's presidential election is an exception. I would think that a large chunk of the population has come to a conclusion about Trump by now.

I'm trying to think of something that he could do between now and election day to change my vote, and I'm coming up blank.

I mean, he could die, but I can't think of any Republican who could get nominated that I wouldn't vote against anyhow.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry, but no. Republicans have time and again done and said things that would have ended a political career once upon an time and felt no consequences at all. President Trump is the perfect example of this. Joe Biden still hasn't even come close to President Trump in terms of scandalous behavior.

10. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

I wouldn't object if the checks were only given to people below a certain income, but I can see how that would be politically difficult.

Just look at it this way - the government is spending so, so much money now and for the immediate future that anyone who isn't doing poorly now can expect much higher taxes in future years to pay the all bills we're accumulating.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

A select group of flunky governors will follow suit, however. They have their marching orders.

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.