1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

It might be nice if we had some politicians who were, like, in elementary school 45 years ago. Maybe then we wouldn’t have to be digging up their policy records from back then.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As I always say, the first election in which I voted I voted for Biden as my Senator. I'm 70 now. I can't believe both candidates are older than I am. I thought that was over for keeps when Obama was first elected.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Dipshit fuckhead FATUS writhing, twitching and slurring as he upholds Federalism by threatening governors. Can't somebody rig a collapsing lectern? WINNING!

4. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

This is actually a good point.

When you have so many veteran politicians at the top of the ranks, they're going to have some votes in their closet that look bad.

I don't think some people grasp how much has changed culturally and politically in the past 30 years. Our understanding of the impact of numerous socio-political decisions in the 80s and 90s is much different now.

Fred siegle, Mngwa and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And regarding Tara Reade (sorry if this has been posted and I missed it)...

Her lawyer just quit. And Antioch University says she never graduated from there. She insists she did but it was one of those double-secret degrees where you do all of your coursework under the sole guidance of the University President to protect your identity, so sadly there's no record of it.

Tara Reade's former lawyer announces he's no longer representing Biden accuser - CNNPolitics

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

7. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Interesting to see the reference to Harley-Davidson getting tariff protection in the Reagan years. In my prior life, I saw several references over the years in trade policy circles citing Harley as the main and perhaps only example of a company that used tariff protection in the way the law was intended - it received temporary tariff protection that gave it time to restructure and become competitive again, after which time it didn't need the tariffs any more. Generally the companies that need "temporary" protection remain noncompetitive, whether because their problems are too fundamental or because the tariffs take away their incentive to become competitive.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I agree, it’s not supposed to work like that. The only other time in the past that an older generation won back the presidency from a younger generation was when Reagan beat Carter. I still haven’t seen any nominee or running mate younger than myself.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Having a long record in public service can hurt Biden because of how much our culture has changed. Policy and votes that weren’t controversial decades ago can certainly be taken out of context now and look bad.

Also, having a long record in public service helps Biden on the assault accusation. Fifty years and there’s never been a hint of something like that.

The accuser has been found to be not credible. And if there was a history of that with Biden, it would not be a secret.

Mngwa likes this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

True as that is, Harley had been making an inferior product for years. What they sold under AMF/Voit ownership from '69 to '81 was junk. That's why they needed protection.

Every motorcycle from Japan during the same period was less expensive and better built.

Interestingly, Harley sought tariff relief against European imports, primarily Triumph, in 1951. But didn't get it.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Republican reactions to:

Affordable Care Act (2010):

[​IMG]

94,000 dead Americans due to coronavirus (2020)

[​IMG]

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

But grandma was gonna die anyway, I need a haircut!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.