1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't know the exact answer to this. From observing it, the person regulating the flow of people does one person in for every one or two people who leave. I don't know the exact number they are trying for.

Before the pandemic, it was a pretty crowded store, often with lines to check out snaking around the store, even at off shopping hours. Since they started the limits, there is plenty of space to shop without people breathing all over you, and there is no line when you check out. It doesn't mean everyone entirely gets it. Everyone here has to wear a mask to get in, but some people are still oblivious about keeping their distances, like if you are in front of something someone else wants to get to, rather than waiting for you to move, they might get into your space and try to reach.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

IN RUSSIA, MOP PLAYS WITH YOU!!!

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Old habits die hard.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

According to the same guy, 106 people on waiting list.
    For the record, it looks five-handed.

5. The Big Ragu

The guy in the white T-shirt has a covid flush.

6. The Big Ragu

I just read that NYC has recorded 58 days in a row without a pedestrian traffic death, which is the longest stretch since they started keeping the numbers in 1983.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Finished my first round of golf in 2020! What a pleasure just to do something, anything, with people I didn't know, three guys in their late 20s-early 30s who needed a single to fill out their foursome. I did not play as badly as I feared, but somewhere in my mediocre range of the mid-90s. Drove well, putted OK, approach shots very weak today. Get 'em tomorrow. We wore masks at the first tee, then took 'em off. Easy to stay more than six feet apart on a golf course.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I can see wanting to do something "normal." But this seems a bit much at this point.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My local BJ's club has finally got to limited entry and the line was LONG. But I'd preordered so I showed my confirmation to the guy at the door and got waved right in. Picked up my stuff and left. Home 30 minutes after I left. Tomorrow it will be old folk's hour at Trader Joe's and I'm set for a couple of weeks.

garrow and Mngwa like this.
  10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Well, I’d imagine so! ;)

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Been playing weekly for a couple of weeks. Amazing to have something to look forward to. Beautiful weather helps too.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife and I went out to eat last night for the first time since March 20, oddly enough at the same place... a local taproom. The capacity was limited, and they had signs telling people not to shift the tables because they were measured. No one was allowed at the bar. The entire staff wore masks and gloves. Customers didn't because we were eating. My county has no active cases right now, so I didn't have any concerns.

Oh my gosh those tacos were heavenly.

Draft saved Draft deleted