1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Adaptation to this world means five months after moving 300 miles to take a New job, I lost it. My wife worked at the same company. Hers was lost, too. Neither will return.

Neither of us were eligible for unemployment because [insert reason here — the state has plenty, mostly because we are fairly new residents].

So I got a job, 45 minutes away and paying 45 percent less, but at least I work. My wife hasn’t found the right match anywhere.

The winner in all this? Baby MMSW whose meager part-time work as a college student qualified her for unemployment. She makes more money sitting on her butt than her parents, combined.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Iron laws of TV news. 1. Every issue, regardless of public opinion, is presented as a 50-50 split among Americans. 2. Loudest assholes get the most coverage.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Poker never looked less enjoyable

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Someone pointed out that looking to see what cards you hold when they're in front of a clear plastic wall which reflects light makes the game impossible.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The table doubles as a vaccine clean-room manufacturing table during off-hours.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Looks like an upside-down Cone of Silence.

[​IMG]

Elliotte Friedman likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Dying to know the car!

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fuck it. Drove five miles from the house to the county and got a fucking haircut. Couldn't have felt more safe inside. Only four stylists working, so only eight people in the store at once, someone outside handling check ins. Both myself and the stylist in masks. Everything wiped down. I tipped well.

BTExpress and MileHigh like this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You're going into an environment you don't know, which you haven't controlled, with people you don't know. On top of it, none of us know if the conditions of a haircutting place are any more conducive to how this virus spreads than some other indoor settings, because we really don't understand the spread of this thing to that level of precision yet.

I can see someone maybe deciding that the risk was worth a haircut, but personally I could never walk into that situation and say I couldn't have felt more safe.

Draft saved Draft deleted