1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Hopefully she is not still 13, LOL.

2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Oh no. He had a lawsuit filed against him when she was 16 or so, but he avoided being charged with anything.

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Those were different times than today.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Can't remember who posted it, but to answer your question, there is a VH1 doc about The Partridge Family. Dave Madden was remembered fondly by everyone in the cast, especially Danny Bonaduce. IIRC, the then-single Madden saw that Bonaduce's family relationships were pretty rough and often gave him a place to go when things got intense at home. In the talking head segments, Madden admitted that he had no clue about parenting and did what he could to help.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    garrow and Liut like this.
  5. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Nothing very revelatory there.

"Yeah, he was good. I was good, too."

Way to put yourself out there, Karl.

7. Tweener

If Malone had agreed to be interviewed for the doc, I wonder how much of it would have even made the cut. He clearly wasn’t going to kiss the ring.

Liut and Jerry-atric like this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My favorite memory of Malone is how he completely hated hated hated the Dream Team 2 experience in Atlanta. Never happy, many gripes, culminating with saying with the freakin' gold medal around his neck that his immediate plans were, "get on the first thing smokin' out of here." He had company there.

Liut likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That was me! I watched the show on reruns in the 80s and always liked Madden's comedic skills and unique voice.

Here he is as a Watergate-era pitchman for Libby's Foods. (at 1:13 of the video).

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

In an interview with Zach Lowe, Barkley said his Dream Team II experience sucked, too. Mentioned a lot of guys bitching about playing time, starting, etc.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The director said he refused.

12. Tweener

That’s why I said “If Malone had agreed to be interviewed for the doc ...”

Draft saved Draft deleted