1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bribery, greed: All for a little bit of Ivy League

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Mar 12, 2019.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Deserving, achieving students who get screwed out of a spot actually did understand what all this is about.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

To be fair, indictments were 14 months ago (and investigation long before that). Weren't quite as many things going on in the world then. And had she and her husband not been such defiant jerks, refusing to plead guilty and take their wrist slaps, this would have been settled long ago.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I still see it as trophy hunting white collar low hanging fruit rather than spending time and resources to actually investigate and prosecute criminals.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out a way to say "trophy hunting white collar low-hanging fruit" to the tune of Whale's "Hobo Humpin Slobo Babe," but I just can't get there.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, but when you find it, you can ignore it or report it. I think walking away would have been wrong.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Tiffany Trump is going "whew."

Driftwood likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Laughlin and her husband were on their way to a VERY much stiffer sentence until the virus made it not worth the US Attorney's effort to take it to trial. No pub, no possible Trump judgeship, no reason not to let them grovel their way to a plea. For people like them, even minimal jail time is a huge life shock, one they richly deserve I might add. But they join the Gary Condit "Thank You News Cycle" club.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Minimal jail time for me would be a huge life shock, and when it's over, I'd need a new career. They continue being rich.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The thing is, the shock is living in an environment where money, while important, isn't the MOST important thing. Also the social ostracism that's sure to follow.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Let the record show, as I write this story for a newscast tonight I am not using "From 'Full House' to the big house..."

I may be the lone holdout.

Neutral Corner and HanSenSE like this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted