1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

There was a big story from the Salt Lake paper (??) about Malone and how he has tried to have relationships with all his kids, including two he had at 17 and the other one from the 13-year-old he knocked up when he was in college. The whole story was basically him living a peaceful life and trying to be about his kids and grandchildren.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That’s not the posture a while back when his daughter was playing college hoops and she had barely, if ever, met him.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'm amazed Isiah and Bobby Knight could even co-exist for two years at Indiana. I'd like to read more about their time together. I don't recall it being even mentioned in Season on the Brink, though of course Thomas was long gone by the time of that season.

Liut likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Jordan's night to remember turns petty

Woj was not a fan.

7. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Yeah, he pretty much was. Each season is essentially nine months long; his dedication to offseason training was legendary; when he wasn’t training he was golfing, playing in the Olympics, making commercials and movies. Hell, even when he retired at 30, he almost immediately dove into another sport.

Dude had almost no family life, which I believe is why his own kids were in the doc for all of like five seconds.

Liut likes this.
  8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I believe that a man’s personal life should remain personal. We were able to see Michael Jordan’s caring nature by his treatment of Officer Gus Lett.

9. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

You’re thinking of decades back. His daughter, who played in the WNBA, met Karl with her twin brother while in high school in ‘98. I just looked it up because I couldn’t remember. The story that was written last year stated that they’ve been close ever since.

Malone made some mistakes by failing to take responsibility for the three kids he had before he married but it seems that he’s tried to make up for that in retirement. Take that FWIW.

Liut likes this.
  10. HappyCurmudgeon

You're talking about Cheryl Ford I think. They met back when she was at Louisiana Tech and they have been pretty good since. He was seen at some of her games in college and in the WNBA.

The one he took the longest to communicate with was Demetress Bell, who played football in the NFL for a while. Karl knocked up Bell's mom when she was 13 and generally tried to avoid all contact with them but a few years back they started seeing each other regularly.

11. HappyCurmudgeon

Either way I'm not sure legally how much Juanita Jordan can say. Without knowing for sure, I feel confident in saying that she probably has a significant NDA as part of their divorce settlement.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

13? Can't imagine that's legal anywhere in the U.S., even Louisiana.

HappyCurmudgeon and Jerry-atric like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted