1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I would enjoy a series about the 1990s Dallas Cowboys dynasty but perhaps not 10 episodes.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I would enjoy a Partridge Family docuseries, but focused solely on Reuben Kincaid.

Huggy and Liut like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Obviously it's not commentary on the doc - but about the hype surrounding it.

Liut likes this.
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It will be titled, "The Lance Dance."

10 episodes of Armstrong lying and bullying an interviewer who asks him about PEDs over and over again.

They can end it with Michael Jordan being interviewed, with his money answer being an admission that relative to what we just watched, Jerry Krause may not have been such a bad guy after all.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I remember a feature on Malone in SI during his playing days where he was posing next to his 18-wheeler, it had a beautiful mural of the west on the trailer. He said after he retired that he wanted to travel the country in that. Maybe he actually did. Would be kinda awesome to see Karl Malone backing into a loading bay at your supermarket with a load of canned goods.

Tweener and Liut like this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am almost certain that I saw Malone in a purple t-shirt in the bowels of the arena, greeting jordan before an after-game press conference, in 1997. Then he went to the bus to congratulate Jordan in 1998 wearing the same shirt.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I used to believe the “Malone was this god-fearing Christian family man” persona then when the story broke about his out of wedlock kids, we make mistakes; but when his daughter said all he did was send $$? That’s horrible, no excuses. You put your d*ck in, you own it. That’s your choice.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

David Aldridge was really good on the doc itself and his discussion of the era in recent podcasts/interviews have been pretty informative.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Jordan lost me with his HOF speech. The doc was enjoyable in spite of him. I watched it to see what the people around him would say about the team and the times.

Tweener and garrow like this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Malone might be the only pro athlete to have an endorsement deal with a Diesel engine manufacturer. 801F54C5-B716-466F-9E2F-3304A49BB6F3.jpeg

garrow and playthrough like this.
  12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Karl Malone owns a couple of successful car dealerships in Utah and a number of other businesses.

Karl Malone Auto Group | Serving Draper, Sandy, Heber City & Salt Lake, UT

Draft saved Draft deleted