1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Specialized knowledge

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, May 20, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I started to watch a little of this out of curiosity and wound up sucked in and finishing it. You are about to see someone teach with complete mastery of the subject, an organized approach, and the sort of patience that frees the student to try an answer and be wrong without worrying about getting ridiculed. This gentleman is an excellent teacher.

A quick google tells me that Pat McNamara was SpecOps for 22 years, with a lot of combat experience. He was a Green Beret and then Delta Force. He is very much the real deal, which you see in about two minutes. Much of what a Green Beret does involves teaching the people he is embedded with how to soldier, which encompasses many skills, and they teach them all.

Anyhow, the subject is the M-4, the students are Army, and this guy is a straight genius in his field. It was a pleasure to watch, and I've never fired any rifle in the M16/M4 family. He's a pro.

Oh, and for once, read the comments. Some fun in there.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

No offense, but John Wooden’s how to put on socks is one of the best things I have ever seen a teacher do.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

This guy is good for an average Joe, but a professional teacher would totally change this delivery.

Lecturing for 18 minutes is not considered good teaching.

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Did he teach a sock and a sock then a shoe and a shoe, or a sock and a shoe, then a sock and a shoe?

misterbc likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

When you grow up as "Shoebooty," the sequence of socks and shoes is a first-world problem, as Archie disclosed to Meathead years later ...

Draft saved Draft deleted