1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Death is everywhere.

There are flies on the windscreen.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

And Vanderbilt has turned the emergency ward they created in a parking garage back into a- No. They haven't. They're preparing for the surge to hit Tennessee. Stuff is opening up and people are convinced it's either over or not real.

Yesterday, I helped someone deal with identity theft. The person we spoke with at her bank did not know why the branches were closed. She had never heard of the term "shelter in place." Everyone we spoke with, Ev. Ree. One to a person barely listened to her or me and we had to repeat basic information over and over and freaking over to the local police, the bank... I used to think it was a stupidity problem. It's not. It's an attention span problem. I've had house rabbits with better abilities to focus.

So do you think a region of incurious people who cannot think beyond lunch and what they're going to stream on Netflix are going to be vigilant enough to prepare and possibly prevent an oncoming pandemic? For the most part, Tennesseans are going to do a baby duck shit on the double yellow line just before the majority of them become roadkill.

I am gobsmacked that we can see the news from New York and not wonder if Centennial Park might be the next big makeshift morgue.

Hallelujah, holy shit, where's the Tylenol?

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A properly cooked, medium-rare burger is going to be juicy, and the grill or toast on the bun keeps it from getting soggy. Absolutely necessary to a perfect burger.

But I totally agree on the first point.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The “blame New York” thing is really fucking disgusting. It’s the busiest international traffic point in the world. It’s densely populated. Of course it got hit hard. Also, it’s part of YOUR COUNTRY.

New York, which props up the needy, federal-welfare dependent “SEC” states is suffering. How about you not take the bailout money we give your state every year when this is all over?

Yes, de Blasio isn’t good and Cuomo could have acted sooner. But only an act of Federal leadership was going to make a big difference in New York. And there is no leadership from this administration.

Go to hell with your “blame New York” bullshit. And your discounting the lives of seniors, plant workers, service-industry workers and anyone else you deem expendable.

Really sorry you have to wait a week or two to get a fucking haircut. Must be awful for you.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has nothing at all to do with FATUS trying to flip Virginia

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I liked this mostly for the phrase "baby duck shit on the double yellow lines."

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sure beats "blaming the red states," when they're fairing quite well, all things considered (I know, just wait and see!). I'll take a haircut. You take a subway ride. We'll see who was more dangerously exposed. Or more dangerously exposed others.

10. Deskgrunt50

You didn’t even try to respond. I never blamed a red state. And I understand regions are different. Your constant fucking whining about a haircut is idiotic. Your blaming of New York is disgusting. You want your region to go on its own? Good luck to ya.

11. Deskgrunt50

And what about discounting seniors, meat-packing workers and service-industry workers? As long as they serve you, their risk doesn’t matter?

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.