1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty enjoyable for home viewing. Nanjiani is great.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wife said one star on Rotten Tomatoes. The Big Sick was hilarious. Like him on Silicon Valley too.

garrow likes this.
  3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

This can also be used to describe 90 percent of the content Netflix produces.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with Netflix content is the sound editing. A good half the time, I can't hear what the character is saying — no matter the movie or TV series.

qtlaw likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

See also Triple Frontier from a year ago with Ben Affleck et. al. It had potential, but it's like Netflix doesn't even require a script to greenlight a movie - all they need is a pitch and a lead actor.

SFIND likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Or the Mark Wahlberg Spenser movie.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm truly surprised the Parker estate signed off on that. Making Spenser an ex-con? Seriously? Let alone allowing a midget to play Spenser. Blasphemy!
    Make no mistake - I like Wahlberg. I like having him shoot films in Boston to help his local peeps - but goodness gracious. Why even call the character Spenser?

garrow likes this.
  8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I caught "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" last night and liked it much more than I anticipated.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

“The Lovebirds,” which is new on Netflix, and “Long Shot,” from 2019, are two romcoms that were fun to watch.

Kumail Nanjiani makes up for the stupid “Stuber” in Lovebirds and has good chemistry with Issa Rae. Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen make an odd couple in Long Shot.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Watched Onward. It was much, much better than I expected it to be.

11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

It is a horrible movie. But as a girlfriend once told me a long, long time ago, this is one of those rare movies centered around the female gaze.

All those cute young Brat-Packers. Who cared about what awful line readings that came out of their mouths?

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Underwater. Decent throwback to the 80s monster genre.

Draft saved Draft deleted