1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Did you read the book?

2. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

Did not read the book.

3. Severian

I suggest reading the book.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bohemian Rhapsody was a two-star movie-raised to three based on the Live Aid recreation.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

New Christopher Nolan. Supposed to come out mid-July. He plays games with time to the point that when you look it up on youtube there is both the preview and the preview run backwards.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

On The Basis of Sex... thought it was an inspiring telling of Ruth Bader Ginsburg's career - though it glossed over several things like Martin's bout with cancer. One would think having a second child after testicular cancer would be a big deal in their lives, but all of a sudden, boom, there's James. That said, I did enjoy the movie and seeing the real RBG at the end was a nice touch.

8. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Though the timeline around the Live Aid recreation was completely false.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Joker

Better than I thought it would be, but a real miss to not connect this to the DC universe.

There was never that age gap between Joker and Batman. That bothered me.

But Phoenix just owned this film. I knew he would, but not to this extent. And what I enjoyed the most was how he ran. It was just so subtly perfect.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. Severian

St. Elmo's Fire: 1/5. Utter garbage. Characters are shit. Plot is nonexistent. I have no clue how people like this, even if it's for "nostalgia" purposes.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

"Extraction" with Chris Hemsworth in the lead. It played more like a pitch than a full movie, with a plot and not much else. Lots of killing, if that's your thing.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Stuber, pretty ridiculous premise BUT in this day and age, with limited options, some good lines with Nanjani, who I enjoy.

Draft saved Draft deleted