1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There had been rumors that Matt Murdock/Daredevil would appear in Spider-Man 3, perhaps even as Peter Parker's attorney. He's probably going to need one after the ending of Far From Home, but Charlie Cox said he's not involved.

I read another story, one that is in no way confirmed, that Cox will return in the role for a fourth season of Daredevil, but the series will now be on Hulu. One problem I have with the rumor is they called it a soft reboot to bring the character into the MCU. He was always in the MCU. The first season in particular was structured around the aftermath of Avengers. My other issue is with putting the thing on Hulu. That just pisses me off as a Disney+ customer. It is a bit of a rip-off to put new Marvel content elsewhere.

2. outofplace

I recently watched Avengers again and I was struck by not seeing any of the military response to the invasion. This deleted scene shows a bit more of what the police and later, the military were doing. I guess that kind of thing pulls attention away from the primary fight and it is hard to argue with the final product, but I do wonder if it would have been better with this.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

The link is broken. Is it really a retcon? Or is it just a relaunch. It's not like they haven't rebooted these characters before. The live-action movies are proof of that.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Like I could give a fuck anyway-- "Scooby-Doo" debuted in 1969, I was 10/11, I thought it was utterly stupid then, and nothing's happened in the next 51 years to change my mind.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Too each their own. I happen to love Scooby-Doo (minus Scrappy Doo). Loved it. You say you don't like it...

/bluefont

outofplace likes this.
  8. outofplace

Is anybody watching Batwoman? I'm not, but I just read they had an interesting reveal last night. I didn't want to spoil it for anyone who is into the show, but didn't get to watch last night's episode yet.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I am. It's ok

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Who is the official holder of Scooby Doo canon?

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Matthew Lillard is bummed he lost the job as Shaggy to Will Forte. My kids loved the new movie, and it sparked them to immediately search out all Scooby Doo-related content on Netflix, Vudu and Amazon. I enjoyed the show as a kid, so it's been fun to revisit the characters with them.

They've recently discovered a lot of the old Hanna-Barbera and Looney Tunes cartoons and seem to really enjoy them. It was funny hearing my daughter describe the way I was eating corn on the cob last night as "like the way that bunny guy who is friends with the duck eats a carrot. Not the bunny from Secret Life of Pets. The old bunny. What's his name?" Apparently, I was eating very fast. :D

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Some of those old Bugs and Daffy cartoons are pure gold.

Draft saved Draft deleted