1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random movie scene thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 4, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So I'm dicking around on Youtube and I crank up Clint Eastwood on Inside the Actor's Studio. When Clint did the Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns, Clint brought his wardrobe with him, stuff he had found. Lipton asks him "Where did you get the little thin cigars?" and Clint says "At a little cigar store in Beverly Hills." Lipton starts laughing, says "Beverly Hills??" and I'm laughing too, and so is Clint.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This whole movie is one fantastic scene after another.

The chase after the kite thru Central Park is great. This was Coppola's first full length feature.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I find a way to use this clip at least every couple of months.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

"Sideways" was well through its run this morning, but I held on long enough to watch Miles go grab his buddy's wallet ... AGAIN. Paul Giamatti was SO damn good in those series of scenes.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

J.C. Quinn really could have won an Oscar for this scene.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No admittance to or denial of ever having done this before......

[​IMG]

Liut likes this.
  8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"Sideways" was good on its own, but I always enjoyed it because it was filmed in my area, with a few in my hometown, including the wallet scene where a naked M.C. Gainey was sprinting down one of our neighborhood streets. Also filmed in my town were the bowling alley scenes, which tend to piss me off now because the alley was closed and razed to build a senior housing/business development which I don't think is even half-full to this day.

Liut likes this.
  9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Neat, mp. Thanks. Well, as well-hung as M.C. Gainey is, guess he didn't need to be shy about displaying the equipment, LOL!

mpcincal likes this.
  10. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

11. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

Great song and a great ending

Liut likes this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Just so long as we come out ahead... that’s the main thing...

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted