1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random movie scene thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 4, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Goddamn, I love this. What an unexpected and delightful rabbit hole.

Neutral Corner and Batman like this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how much of the episodes are on YouTube. I'll have to watch later, but here is part of it.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, the "Hate Plague" episode (which was the de facto series finale, IIRC; I think there was one more miniseries with the Headmasters/Targetmasters after it) was weird but fun. It kind of reminded me of when we used to play tag on the playground as kids, where if you caught somebody they joined your team and sometimes you'd pretend to be monsters or something.
    That one had its share of destruction, too. I don't think they killed any Transformers, but they did have to rebuild and rebrand Bumblebee as Goldbug after the Aerialbots got infected, formed Superion, and tore ass through most of the Autobot army.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The first episode where he comes back is called "Dark Awakening."

5. outofplace

I guess I know what I'm doing when I have some free time later today. :)

Batman likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

W. is a forgettable movie, but Josh Brolin is so good in this scene.

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Not to the keep the Transformers threadjack going, but my two cents. Being in the prime viewing age for that movie at the time, there were two things my friends and I talked most about:
    — Spike saying “shit.” I want to say kids stood up and applauded.
    — the death of prime was crap because we had learned two years ago in the first mini series that he couldn’t die unless you killed all three parts of him.

As for the post movie series, I hated the quintessicons, but loved the episode where Rodimus Prime travels through the history of cybertron, learns the Quints created the robots, the overthrow, the eventual war between autobots and decepticons and the explanation as to why transforming became a thing.

Batman likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

While this is hardly the most famous scene in the movie, I just love the elegant way of covering a lot of exposition.

maumann and bigpern23 like this.
  9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

One of several great scenes in that film. For as far-out as Stone can be, he seems to dramatize real events well. There are several good scenes in Nixon too. The release of all of Nixon's tapes in the decades since Stone's film has shown more of his scenes were closer to reality than what many thought when it came out in the mid-90's.

garrow likes this.
  10. outofplace

I was having trouble figuring out which was my favorite scene from the original, but this is my favorite from the sequel. Connery and Ford are just so damn good. The father's pain at thinking his son is dead and joy at finding him alive is great, but what makes it is that brief look of pleasure on Indy's face in that moment of feeling his father's love.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

This is just about as perfect as you can get.
    The radio call...
    The people running to get to other spots...
    The camera hauling fucking ass to get those motion shots...

Just gorgeous filmmaking.

maumann and Tweener like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What's funny about that is that I really liked Network. Loved it when it came out. Own the Paddy Chayevsky novelization. "It's a big, fat, big-titted hit" stuck with me all these years. But I'll be damned if I had not forgotten that Robert Duvall was in it.

It's hell to get old.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted