1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running thread of people with COVID-19... get well Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Am I correct in noticing that famous people with money are getting this less and less as the numbers rise?

This is starting to become a virus of economic status.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am not sure famous people with money are getting this any less frequently than before (George Stephanopoulos and the CEO of Morgan Stanley were announced cases in the last week or so) but as the virus becomes a mass event, it is reported in mass terms, not individual cases. Yes, there is also plenty of evidence that it is hitting poorer communities harder, because they are composed of people who cannot practice social distancing. They gotta work.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Hell of a lot easier for people of means to do social distancing. It's not a "famous" thing. It's an "I don't live with seven other people in a one-bedroom apartment" thing.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

No doubt it's easier.

I couldn't imagine pulling this off in the shoebox of a condo we once had. It'd be murder.

The last thing anyone needs is to see one of the Arquettes (average net worth: $25 million) bitching about how awful the circumstances are.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"We're all in this together" rings a little hollow when the backdrop to the photo is a house in Malibu.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Interesting that it's been about 2 weeks since a name has been posted on this thread.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I honestly feel people who get really sick from this have had a major exposure to it. People in homes in the suburbs or who are able stay away from others are not getting the major exposure and that could be why the list isn’t growing.

Only famous idiots like Boris Johnson get it.

It’s really start to look like you can distance yourself from this.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

List of famous idiots:

https://www.wonderwall.com/celebrit...positive-coronavirus-covid-19-3022493.gallery

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted