1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

It’s cool how that security guard’s story has blown up on Twitter. Narc cop who knew his hair was a great gimmick.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Like his suits

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

He clearly enjoyed socializing with the security staff much more than his teammates.

4. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Dan Patrick had the director of the series, a guy named Jason Hehir, on the show on Monday. Hehir talked about how difficult it was to get several guys to agree to be a part of doc. Said Reggie Miller was one, in particular, and that even John Stockton initially said he wanted no part of Michael Jordan “puff piece” before they ultimately badgered him into it. Larry Bird reportedly only did it because Magic asked him.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

There is not a big enough or hot enough Hell for Jesse Helms.

Worse, every time I see or hear something from Moscow Mitch, he reminds me of Senator No. The fearmongering, hatemongering, willingness to be cruel and even his profile are too similar.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A friend said that it should have been titled — History is Told by the Winners

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

May explain why none of the 1992 Trailblazers were interviewed.

Tweener likes this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And they didn't get Stockton to sit down until early March, to the point that Hehir didn't play out to Spokane to do the interview because everything was starting to blow up.

Here's the interview. It was great. As was this morning's with Patrick Ewing.

Tweener likes this.
  9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've heard a couple of interviews with Hehir and he refers to the interview sessions with Jordan as the "black shirt interview" or the "blue shirt interview" depending on what shirt Jordan was wearing that day.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I kind of liked, "Hey, blame me if you want, but everyone on the Dream Team hated Isaiah." I guess if you have to spend your off-season going overseas to the Olympics...

[​IMG]
    ...by spending it with Zeke.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

lol
    they all hated Isaiah. That is awesome.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted