1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, Isiah is a petty shitstain. Always has been, always will be.

Chef2 likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hornets ownership has been bad AND unlucky.

In 2011-12 they were off the charts the worst team in the league. 7-59 . . . 13 games below the second-worst team.

Prize of the draft was Anthony Davis, who went No. 1. Hornets got the No. 2 pick.

With Davis and Kemba Walker . . . maybe something decent could have been built.

Liut likes this.
  4. JackS

JackS Member

Just seeing this now, but in 1993 I said on the air that both Vin Baker and Nick Van Exel would go on to have better careers than Shawn Bradley, picked #2 overall.

So in my mind, Jerry blew the '93 pick.

Liut likes this.
  5. JackS

JackS Member

Tweener likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Thomas and Laimbeer are too stupid to realize that by continuing to grant interviews on this they're giving it legs which in turn is making them look more and more stupid.

Liut likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Exactly, it’s not what’s said, it’s who says it. Why do people find that so hard?

I rooted for Isaiah when he was at Indiana and then fighting the Celts but damn looking behind the curtain after ‘89 shows how small he was.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Give's the radio sports-talkers in Chicago, Kansas City, Omaha and Winnipeg I listen to more material.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

In a clip with Magic Johnson on Entertainment Tonight last night, Magic revealed that because of the popularity of the MJ series, one on Kobe Bryant is in the works. He said that Bryant had a personal camera crew following him during his last season on the Lakers. Magic also said that after the Bryant series is released, one on Magic himself is next up.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think Magic is overrating his own prominence in the public consciousness. He hasn't played in 25 years.

ChrisLong likes this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Finally! Someone this year is going to recognize Kobe Bryant!! It is about time!!!

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Maybe a 30 for 30 on Magic's coaching stint.

Draft saved Draft deleted