1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favorite internet.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Cool, cool. Watch the Market Calendar, under News and Events. That's where you can see all of the IPO's for the week. If you have read or know about the book/property that's being filmed, you can get the jump. I made a shit-ton off of the first couple of Harry Potter IPOs before the first movie came out, for instance, and I bought every HP IPO afterward, no matter how high they started. Some of them are no-brainers. A new film from the Rock is gonna go up. Spielberg, Pixar, same.

You can make a ton of money playing bond adjustments - that is, an actor is in a just released new film that has high box office. Some weeks later, that actor's bond price adjusts to reflect that. Ana de Armas is at 57 and projected to go to 92 when James Bond 25 comes out, for instance. Or if a movie comes out and flat falls on its face, you can do the opposite and short the actor. I haven't looked but with Call of the Wild sucking air, I'd bet you can short Harrison Ford and make out. (nevermind, I just looked and they predict him to go up by 2)

There are a lot of places for HSX play tips and tricks, info to be googled. I like kaigee.com for the bond bit. Sometimes you can catch a very close adjustment date - when you can buy these and know that they're about to go up by 10 a share in ten days, it's crazy not to play them some. You do have to pay attention to those though, they're not routine buy-and-holds. Another sure thing is to buy the HSX funds. Those are run by experienced high dollar players. They pick a concept, "The Disney Fund" or "The LGBT Fund", IPO at 20 or so, and cash out when they hit 100. I routinely max each fund when it IPOs, and currently am maxed on all of them. They are a completely sure thing, but it's buy it and hold till the fund goes from 20 to 100 over time and cashes out. Almost every one gets there eventually. You can also look at what the funds are holding and shorting for ideas to look at for your portfolio.

Next SBO Adjusts

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Scout likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a site that has all of the daily sports transactions? ESPN seems to have dropped their listings and as a kid I devoured the transactions box which later in life I enjoyed editing (usually trying to sneak in the most random one I saw).

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    maumann likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

10 million

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pure fucking genius.

Neutral Corner and Chef2 like this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That is the best thing I've seen on the internet in a long time.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oldie but goodie.
    [​IMG]

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

My account peaked at 1.7 billion. Once the theaters shut down and releases were either pushed back or in some cases went straight to video, my portfolio has dropped to 1.43B. I had about 60m in cash holdings, so I'm still buying select IPOs, and I'm selling anything that I see going to cable, but mostly I'm just holding and eating the losses. Not much to do unless you are willing to sell it all and convert to cash, and most of them will go back up once theaters reopen - whenever that is.

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Just stumbled on this thread.

Getting perfect on the country quiz is my white whale. Congrats. One day....

Batman likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It is so damn hard. I know all 197 of them, but actually remembering them when you're on that 15-minute clock is tough.
    I have a system (start in Europe and work clockwise so that the U.S. is the last country), some mnemonic devices (almost essential for getting through Africa -- using the Mauritius-Mauritania-Mali-Malawi rhyme knocks out a few and leads me to Madagascar, Mozambique, Swaziland and Zambia as well) and counts (there are nine "small" European countries, five Baltic countries, and 47 total in Europe) that help a lot, but I still wind up with 10 or 12 that make me slap my forehead as to how I forgot them.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

84.5 percentile and over 54 million

12. Chet the Jet

Chet the Jet Member

HSX Net Worth:H$767,590,223.65
    Rank 5,086
    97% percentile

Scout likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted