1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul Season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 25, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You know who has an affiliate in Omaha? The Royals....

I don't see Kim turning on Jimmy. They actually showed them having sex in the last episode (when they've never really been shown very physically affectionate).

Apparently the last season of BCS will be set in 2004 - "Gene-land" picks up in 2012.
    The timeline below is great reminder of the various "worlds."

Timeline

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

She wore the Royals shirt in a previous season. Or Saul mentions it in BB. I cant remember the specifics but its come up before

edit: That Royals connection came up again on ‘Better Call Saul’

says Kim grew up on Nebraska border so Jimmy escaping to “Omaha” to be nearer her or maybe run into her one day adds up

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

What an outstanding season. Count me as Kim coming back, for better or worse, in Cinnebon time during the final season.

The usual hiatus is probably gonna be lengthened by the coronavirus. Maybe season 6 in 2022? Buuuuuummmmmer.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Read a story from the producers said the writers are still in writing mode, no production delays as of yet. My bet is '21.

Question - is BCS the best spinoff of a drama show? Comedies are a dime a dozen - All in the Family, Happy Days etc. And I'm not sure where you place Lou Grant, a drama spun-off from a comedy. Law and Order SVU and the various NCIS and CSIs have lasted, but none were better than BCS. Star Trek TNG?

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sepinwall had a story that said they're hoping for the late summer or fall of 2021. Like DanOregon said, they're still in the writing phase so they haven't been hurt too badly by the coronavirus.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What did Kim go back and retrieve from her office drawer when she quit?

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

It was the plug from the tequila bottle she and Jimmy drained the night they strung along that investment advisor in the hotel bar.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My favorite scene in this great season was when Lalo was saying goodbye to Tio Hector in the nursing home, and the nurse took him away for someone's birthday celebration ("Hector loves these").

The look on Hector's face as they were singing Happy Birthday was just priceless.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And upon further review, it's believed that that tequila they sipped at that hotel bar is the same tequila that Lalo pours Nacho shortly before the assassination attempt. Plus, if you look closely, Lalo goes to put the stopper back on the decanter and it's upside down, so he quickly flips it over. It's a tiny thing that I noticed at the time of watching it – even rewound it just to be sure, because I thought it was minor acting error on his part. But perhaps that's some next level foreshadoing on Vince Gilligan's part? I wouldn't be surprised.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think it was also the same brand that Gus used to poison Don Eladio and the other cartel leaders in Breaking Bad.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Lalo didn't pour Nacho tequila. It was Louis XIII Cognac. Goes for $250 a shot at private golf clubs and upscale restaurants. He actually told him the brand when he brought the bottle out.

TigerVols likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted