1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

After the first two episodes...

This thing is really damn good.

Favorite little touch so far: the glass of scotch on Jordan's table during the interview.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I wasn't really aware America was roaring for more coverage of a team that won its last title 22 years ago. But what the hell, why not?

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

America is just pining for anything sports at this stage. I'm frankly stunned ESPN hasn't picked up the Coronaleague in Belarus.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They are going to show every snippet of Jordan bagging on Krause.
    It is glorious.

5. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I hated the ‘90s Bulls. Hated.

But it was the most dominant team of the last 40 years, I think, and it’s difficult to not at least appreciate that.

Iron_chet likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Uh that discounts the dynasty Lakers and Celtics of the 1980s, both of whom routinely kicked the Bulls' asses. Pippen would have been the fourth best player on the Showtime Lakers.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I have no interest
    As a Pistons fan, I’ve known Jordan is a fucking asshole for 35 years
    I don’t need to see the WWL to tell me that

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I haven’t watched yet (work call last night) but MJ is an incredibly compelling personality who hasn’t let people in, they appear to have tons of great footage and interviews and it is about the end of a great sports dynasty for myriad reasons. And him being an asshole is part of the point — I didn’t pass on the OJ doc because he killed 2 people and was a wife beater.

And there is zero chance that Pippen would have been the 4th best player on the Showtime Lakers. There is more of an argument that he was superior to late-stage Kareem than Worthy was better than Pippen.

Tweener and Lugnuts like this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Jordan allowed Pippen do what he did best and Pippen allowed Jordan to do what he did best.

My favorite parts were Jordan reading that letter he sent home asking for stamps and a few dollars. If that letter didn’t make you really appreciate Dean Smith and Carolina basketball, nothing will, and the people they got to sit down for this.

Oh, wait... Cocaine circus? That was a hell of a story. I didn’t realize that about his foot, either.

Oakley slapping Pippen... dear God that was old school.

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They better explain to the youngsters watching this how important WGN was to the Bulls' popularity nationwide. We could watch damn near every game the Bulls played thanks to that superstation.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Damn. Wasn’t a huge Bulls fan and usually cheered against them once they became dominant.

Here in Canada it was released on Netflix late last night. I’ve got 2 kids to help with school and it’s supposed to be a gorgeous day out. I am beyond excited to watch this.

I should have got up at 1AM to watch.

Tweener and Lugnuts like this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

As someone who loved the 80s-to-mid 90s NBA I’ve been all in on this since it was announced. Still mad at the Lakers for robbing us of the Jordan vs. Drexler Finals we should have had in 1991. A year later, the Blazers were a year older and showing their age.

Draft saved Draft deleted