1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

More recommended shows to watch on the Network: the Tegan Nox mini-documentary.

Watching her injure her knee the second time is still depressing as hell.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Only reason Jericho was in the booth was that Cody Rhodes was wrestling that night (which was actually taped last week).

Dynamite two weeks ago felt like even more of a backyard-wrestling show — just friends fooling around — than this week’s Being The Elite vlog did, and BTE was shot in the Young Bucks’ backyard by AEW’s California-based wrestlers who were able to get there.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Jericho is much better on commentary than Cody. Id tune in just to listen to him and he made me care about wrestlers I normally dont care about at all. Just add it to the list of things hes great at.

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Saw it when they released it piece by piece on YouTube. Probably one of the most painful injuries I've seen in wrestling, just with how agonized and wrought with pain she was.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I continue to marvel at how good MJF is at this wrestling heel thing:

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

There are so many places where it’s appropriate to put this dumb shit, but I guess I’ll put it here.

7. JimmyHoward33

No mention of the Revival’s release.....

are the revival a top 5 tag team in North America? Ehhhhh.

(Bucks, Luchas, SCU, Usos, New Day, War Machine, Fish/O’Reilly...)

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Top 5? Maybe not. But they deserved something better than they got on the main roster. Their size was their biggest problem. But booked right, they could've been an Arn/Tully-like tag team, using technical skill to overcome bigger or faster opponents.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Yeah, no. Vince must have pledged a generous donation to someone's re-election campaign.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I just watched this past week, and I thought Jericho was horrible. He was talking out of his ass half the time, getting things wrong and stumbling over his words. He's been great at times when he was out with the regular commentary team and talking smack about someone in the ring, but he distracted from the matches, something you don't want in a commentator. Not a strong performance, I thought.

11. JimmyHoward33

I think the revival are way overhyped.

but I do think theyll be good for aew because by the time theyre taping new content theyre going to be in need of some fresh faces and new matchups. You can only do bucks luchas so many times.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Linda is the top trend on Twitter right now. And not for the right reasons.

Somehow, I doubt Cole will bring that up on the next Smackdown.

Draft saved Draft deleted