1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I dunno I kinda like them; I'd swap the Titans jerseys for them, that's for sure.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The ATL thing makes me roll my eyes.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    To me, the Falcons unis were never better than this - grey pants and jersey numbers contrasting with the red and black - stripes down the legs, v-neck collars.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

he may be a very fine person

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This is pretty good trolling by the Panthers.

TigerVols likes this.
  6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Today in Felger and Mazz on The Sports Hub in Boston, the show got a caller from 'Robert in Wellesley' who claimed he had owned the Tampa Tribune. Revolution Capital Group, the last owner of the Tribune is based in another suburb of Boston and its CEO/Founder is Robert Loring.

'Robert in Wellesley' claimed Brady would find the move to Tampa 'tough' and went on to shit on the area. He said:

1) The schools aren't close to those in Boston;
    2) The "place is loaded with shysters";
    3) The place is too hot and there is too much pollen; and
    4) There is nothing to do.

Felger & Mazz: Takeaways from Brady’s Interview on Stern and the Final Word (Hour 4)

At around 1:53.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That's not really a question, is it?

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nobody but nobody in Boston is allowed to shit on any other place because of its weather. And I will assume that "loaded with shysters" means "I was successfully sued more than once."

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Only someone from New England would think that Tampa was too hot. Try living in Houston from July through September and then get back to me.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, it really isn't. That was just my way of sharing.

The bit about Cam Newton probably would have been enough. I'm no fan of Newton's. I do believe he made a business decision when he refused to dive on a fumble in the Super Bowl, but the comment about his mental faculties seemed to be racially-driven. So was calling it a joke that Newton got the MVP in 2015. It's not as if that was even a close vote, nor should it have been one.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Hey, I just did that! Moved from Rhode Island to Houston. Unfortunately, the last time I went to Tampa, I was 12, so I have no friggin' clue what the weather was like.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Tampa when it's hot probably averages 85 or so. You might get the low 90's once in a while. You can figure on an afternoon shower most every day to keep the humidity up. Sometimes you get gulf breezes.

In Houston the 90's are common, and you can expect maybe five or six days a month of 99 or above. It's very humid with afternoon rains and thundershowers being common. Weather Service says that the record for over 100 degrees in a year is 33 days, so not quite one day in ten. Hit 109 last summer.

There's a reason that Houston is the most air conditioned city in the world.

Draft saved Draft deleted