1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will COVID-19 be the needle that finally bursts the sports bubble?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nah, she was on her TT bike on a smart trainer connected to an app.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've learned to take great pleasure in just having a candle burning. "Fresh Cotton Sheets" might be my new "go to" scent. It doesn't really smell like anything, but "clean."

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I talked about this on the small pleasures thread, but there's nothing like going to sleep on cotton sheets that have been hanging in the sun all day. Usually that happens on a Saturday, and it's usually late and we've usually had a cocktail late in the evening. That all makes for a perfect night's sleep.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, but for much of the south, deer season begins the last weekend in September with the archery hunt.
    By the time you get to gun season in November, it's old business.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yes and no. The hardcore get out early for bow and primitive weapons season, but that's maybe a quarter of the total number of dickalopes that will be stomping through the woods and blam-blamming at bushes on opening day.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sure. But deer camp, the traditional gathering of family and friends, falls in line with modern gun season - not bow or muzzleloader.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

First cuts I'm aware of with a P5 conference.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Know what I’d like to see? A CEO like Larry Scott take a 50% cut instead of 20% and save a few more jobs.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sounds good and all, but . . . there's nothing to do, nothing being played, nothing being aired (live anyway). Do you really like the idea of saving "jobs" when there is no work to be done?

Draft saved Draft deleted